Monday, February 16, 2009

South Bitch

Yes, dieting can indeed be such a painful experience.
 Four days ago, after mustering enough will power, i have decided to go on a South Beach Diet.
With a guaranteed minimum weight loss of 8lbs in two weeks, i found reason enough to donate the remaining chocolate bars in my ref to my willing staff members.
I chanced upon a very attractive package from the Sexy Chef at Gold's Gym (see previous post) and got interested immediately after the counter girl managed to answer all my questions in a manner that would rival even the toughest competition in Bb. Pilipinas.
At first i couldn't really see myself starving to death, but after realizing how near summer was and the fact that trendy clothes come in much smaller sizes nowadays to fit those damn metrosexual style icons, then perhaps, i thought, it was time for me to take 
a plunge.
Before i knew it, my meals were delivered one day before actual consumption. They were packed in tightly sealed containers which you can just reheat. At first i
 was up for veggies galore but lo and behold, i nearly broke down in tears of joy when i saw chocolate pudding and beef in my menu. 
The meals were quite sumptuous, contrary to popular belief that diet meals tasted like sand. 
However, i have to admit that initially, i felt hungry. And that i have become temperemental in the process (imagine a lion not fed in weeks), both effects of which are but normal, which would last up to 7 days. I told myself, i won't set any client meeting nor come out of my office room often so that my staff won't have to suffer my rage brought about by hunger and 
my vanity.

I actually weighed myself prior to starting on my diet. Admittedly i have lost a lot of weight by going to the gym (from a huge 187lbs, am down to 164lbs, just fit for my 5'9 fram
e), but am looking forward to losing more. 
And with 9 days left, i think i can actually survive this. Imagine, 2 weeks straight of not eating out and no coffee is too much for someone like me to bear. 
But with people constantly telling me that i've lost weight already....i think i can actually face the next 9 days smiling.
i will give you guys updates afterwards. I'd rather not dwell on the ill effects right now because am still on a highly bitchy mode.  

This is a pic taken before my South Beach Diet during my hosting stint at Puerto Galera last february 4. At a healthy 164lbs. I wonder how i'll look like at the beach after my two weeks of suffering. haha. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment