Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Confessions of a SHOEpaholic: Praia Frenzy

Yup, i confess.

I love shoes. So much.
Call it my Cinderella fetish or whatsoever, i just couldn't care less.
There's something about buying a pair that really stands out which gives me a natural high.
Slipping them on is simply one orgasmic experience. 
For those who have known me for the longest time, this isn't exactly something new.
Through the years, i think i have more than 80 pairs, so
me of which i have given away due to lack of space
 (imagine the horrendous sight underneath my bed.)

And to date, i'm still buying. 
And i'd like to show you my latest find.
I stumbled upon it while strolling at Marina Mall in Singapore. I came across this funky store called UrbanMale shop, which sells eccentric looking tees and accessories.
While i was browsing through their merchandise
, with the salesman following my every move, speaking in broken english as he encourages me to buy everything i touch, my peripheral vision caught a prized catch: a pair of brightly colored sandals .
Like a predator narrowing down on a prey, i practically dropped
 the wallet i was looking at and proceeded to the sandals section, where a number 
of brightly colored strappy sandals where hanged. 
I don't believe we've been introduced, i silently told my newly found interest.
My eyes shifted to the label on the side: Brazilliano Praia.

Nice name. Even nicer looks. 

I immediately grabbed one pair, looked at the size and then smiled. 
Slipping on the size 9 brought me to cloud 9 
in an instant.
Voila. It was a perfect fit. 
The colorful rubber straps and comfortable soles made the stylish sandals worth every penny (at SGD49.75, roughly around P 1,500)
I love it.
But i also love the other colors available.
Sensing my dilemma, the salesman said:

"If you buy 3 pairs you'll get 1 for free."

It was music to my ears. I resisted the urge to hug and kiss him.
Mentally i did a quick computation of my remaining budget. Fate was definitely on my side when my gimmick got cancelled the night before. I have enough money to spare. 
Serendipity really knows how to help me find my perfect match. 
Traveling 3 hours via plane was definitely well worth it. 

Without wasting anytime, i chose the four i liked and gave my money to the extremely pleased sales man (whom i assumed would get commissions, since the store manager gave him a pat on the back).

Carrying a huge bag, i spent the rest of the day strolling around, unmindful of hunger, while happily carrying my newest addiction.
When i first wore those sandals here, i already got several inquiries from friends and loved ones as to where i got them.

I smiled to myself, knowing that i made a good decision. 
My sandals may not be as popular as the gladiator types around now...but they can definitely give any pair stiff competition. 

See to appreciate. Buy to experience orgasm. 

1 comment:

  1. mudz, it seems to be nice even for female feet. Is it really just for males?

    ReplyDelete