Monday, January 19, 2009

Recognizing Hope

Minutes before my next meeting, i just stumbled upon an excerpt which immediately caught my attention. It was actually posted by a Nurse friend of mine who works in one of the local hospitals in Manila. Having been assigned in the Emergency Room, time and again, he has witnessed death come and go. He has seen people lose hope and turn their backs away from their faith.
Why am i telling all these? Simply because recently, i felt the same way. 
With the overwhelming presence of stress in my work brought about by the 
new boss of one of my clients (believe me guys, she's quite hard to work with, in every sense of the word), i felt that the world has crumbled underneath my feet.
I even cried in the process of trying to resolve what i may have done wrong. But after much soul searching, i figured out that there must be a deeper purpose with the hardships i was experiencing.

But rather than losing hope, i began to pray anew. 
And admittedly, now, i feel better. 
I may not have a better relationship with this new person anytime soon ( none of my staff members even want to talk to her), but at least now, i feel that i'm not alone. That everything happens for a reason. 
That once again, i would be able to rise above this challenge and realize his purpose.
I guess, due to my tight schedule, i have forgotten to be thankful about the little
 blessings i get every now and then.
That's not the way to look at the big picture. 
And a while ago, as i was mentally organizing my thoughts regarding the busy schedule i have during the next few days, i came upon this story:
A child was born to Anti-Christ parents who never did introduce him to the concept of God. During his formative years, he remained oblivious to who Jesus Christ was. 
One day, his parents were both killed in front of him. Stricken with grief, he was taken in by a concerned neighbor who then treated him like her own son. The woman was Catholic so she put him in a Catholic school.
One day, during his class, the boy's teacher held out a picture of Jesus and ask:
"Who among you kids know this person?"
The little boy answered, much to the amazement of everyone in the room who knew about the boy's tragic past:
"He was the man holding me when my Mom and Dad died."
And that line sent shivers shooting down my spine. 
Maybe because i focused too hard on what i felt was lacking, that i forgot that i wasn't exactly alone.
And now, after reading that story, am better.
I even prayed that i get to have a better relationship with this new boss. 
Yes, am quite optimistic. I've always believed in signs.

And maybe, this was His way of telling me that things will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment