Sunday, January 11, 2009

Confessions of a SHOEpaholic: Crocs Crazy

Remove Formatting from selection






Since i got my first pair (my favorite one to be exact), i instantaneously got hooked on Crocs. 

Fashionable and comfortable indeed. 

Before getting my first pair ( a bright yellow one), i used to think that Crocs slip ons were very pricey, considering that they were merely made of cloth and rubber. But my thoughts proved me wrong once i had a chance to try out a pair in trinoma. 

Lo and behold, i immediately discovered how Cinderella must have felt when the shoe fit to a T. 
Note that with its light-weight composition and comfortable cushion, it actually felt like the actual shoe was barely there! 

Imagine the look of the sales person when i immediately took out cash from my wallet 
and asked the pair to be wrapped up immediately.

Not wanting to lose time, i proceeded to put my new pair into good use: wore it to work, school and all other occasions i can think of ( even when working out in the gym, if i could get away with it). 

Yup, it has withstood the test of time and effort. haha.

 After a month, i got my next pair: a Wasabi colored one to match my travel bag sporting the same shade. And just like before, it did not disappoint me. 
However, i felt that the yellow and green ones which i had were 
seemingly similar. I thought of getting new pairs but had to stop myself after seeing that they were basically made in China...this was prior to my trip to Macau.
And as if it was meant to be, I came across a Crocs store in Senado Square in Macau.
I could not believe the huge assortment of shoes they had there. I saw various styles which where not yet available in the Philippines. 

Without wasting any time, i grabbed 4 pairs (chili, blue, black and chocolate) and paid for them on the spot. The surprised look on my Mom's face turned into a pleased one after telling her that i saved around P 1,000 on each pair (compared to the prices here). Not a bad deal indeed.


Plus, i got a nice looking limited edition Crocs Holga Camera with my bulk purchase.  To date, i haven't really used it yet...saving it for the perfect occasion e.g. my next trip, 
wherever it might take me. 


I now have 6 pairs of Crocs which i can wear alternately daily, without having to worry about getting callouses or any foot problem in the process. 

And now, as i prepare to go malling, am actually thinking of getting yet another pair. But i have yet to decide on what color (regret still overwhelms me for not purchasing the white pair in Macau) to buy. Worry not though, i have a gift certificate worth P1,000 -- thus making my purchase seemingly justifiable.

 Yeah i know, bear with me. 

Another addiction i have... similar to my love for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment