Saturday, January 3, 2009

Unmasking my Collection








More than a year ago, while on a trip to Baguio, i came across colorful Venetian masks in Mines View Park.  I being the color-loving person that i was, immediately fell in love with them. Without thinking, i immediately got 3 and displayed them in my office. 

Happy with the good reviews, i went back to Baguio and purchased more. 

I became addicted to them ever since.
There's something about these colorful, intricately-designed pieces that makes me happy whenever i see them. 

Perhaps am just appreciative towards the amount of creativity and work put in each and every piece. 

Or maybe perhaps of my belief that all people wear masks. that it really takes time to get to know someone and discover the real person behind each colorful mask.

To each his own. 

Anyway, going back to my story. I was visiting a trade fair in Megamall and i came across a but selling venetian masks similar to the those i had.
i immediately approached the said booth and inquired regarding their products. Lo and behold, they were the ones who supplied masks to the store i visited in Baguio! 
I silently cursed the owner of the stall in Baguio which sold the masks at triple its original price. Not to mention that she claimed she made them by herself. So much for taking credit.
Mentally i made some computations and arrived at a conclusion that i can save much by purchasing right then and there. 

I immediately put on my "sweet mask" and charmed my way in convincing the owner about my passion for her products. I won her over by showing her the pics of the masks i had in my phone ( thank God for camera phones!) and inviting her over to see them.
She did come over the following day and was really amazed with the ones i had (they were the best ones in the group then). 

What's even better was that she actually brought several pieces and sold them to me at very low prices. Not to mention she gave me a little mask freebie.

You might ask what i'll be doing with these? 
well i can think of several:
a.) Use them as props in events (Venetian Ball inspired ones are popular)
b.) Utilize them as conversation pieces when entertaining people
c.) Wear them when i have nothing to do or feeling blue (i have yet to try this out)
d.) Use them as inspiration whenever i experience a creative black out.
i know in due time i will be able to discover more uses for my beloved pieces. 

But now, am just happy having them near. :)

Feel free to see some of my precious finds.:) I would have wanted to attached more pictures but i have to go in a while to do some serious shopping before reporting to work on monday. Geez.

No comments:

Post a Comment