Sunday, January 4, 2009

Work Mode: On

Today is officially the last day of the long vacation given to us by our dear president (one of the few things i have appreciated during her term, if i may ad).
Tomorrow marks yet a new day..filled with hope and joy...and much stress.
For tomorrow marks the resume of work.
Admittedly, i had a grand time with the long vacation i had. i got to travel, meet old and new friends, get to do the things i've always wanted to do e.g. create a new blog, fix my stuffs etc. and of course bond with my loved ones.
Apart from doing grocery later (i have developed a certain fondness for this retail therapy substitute to shopping for clothes), i intend to start with whatever 
pending work i have shelved during the holidays. 

It's quite funny how i purposely evaded opening my office email during the last few days, hoping to get my mind off work. But lo and behold, some of my dear clients, on that fateful day of January 2, 2009, have began texting me to set meetings on January 5. So much for bursting my vacation bubble.

Nontheless, a part of me also longs to go back to work. Perhaps because i miss my staff (whoa, a burger for this, please!). Or simply because i am a workaholic: my body yearns for the painful demands of work daily. My masochistic pleasure indeed.

 Haha.

Writing this blog is actually an effort to switch on my work mode, as i juggle between expressing my thoughts,  doing my regular project status reports and flying back and forth to Lala land. 

But come to think of it, a few hours after, i'll be done with everything. 

And tomorrow, my masochistic side surfaces once more.

To reign in yet another year, filled with raves and rants...all about work.

As the head of the Imps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment