Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sexy Indulgence

I haven't posted my New year's resolutions here for fear that i may not be able to observe them e.g. be nicer to all new people i meet. But what i can share though is part of it: the one related to my diet.

I quote:
" I will work out thrice a week, follow my trainer and eat healthy food."

With the exception of the 2 12oz cups of Dairy Queen Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Blizzards i had over the last 7 days, i think i am able to follow this resolution well. 

I try to be health conscious ever since for vanity purposes but now, as i age (not that am turning close to a hundred or something), i try to maintain a fit lifestyle to avoid further complications which may arise from my daily routine e.g. work, coffee, work, coffee...and more work, which makes it highly stressful.

While diligently observing my resolution (hoping to have the body to die for by summer, which gives me less than 3 months to be precise), i came across the small stall of the Sexy Chef
 (thesexychefcafe.com) at Gold's Gym Galleria, after my workout this morning.
I actually saw their flyer which advertised their Fit Meals, which featured 8 sumptuous dishes cooked healthily. When i say this i mean that they used canola oil and the leanest meat pieces plus brown rice in each and every meal. A vegetable side dish compliments the hearty serving.

At P140 each, i thought it was worth a try. 

After stopping myself from grabbing a Venti Iced White Chocolate Mocha at Starbucks, I mustered enough courage to buy me two meals (for breakfast and dinner, which i ate at 4pm this afternoon because i could no longer stop myself).
I got the Fish Salpicao with mixed vegetables and the Korean Beef with Sesame KangKong. Starving dearly after working out, i immediately gorged on the Fish Salpicao. At first I was apprehensive because i actually saw a lot of wheat skins in the brown rice (talk about fiber content) and the almost raw looking veggies, but when i finally sampled them...

Voila.

I was in gastronomic heaven.

Believe me, each peso i spent for the meal was worth it.

Not only that, it actually made me feel full longer. I had a quick lunch around 1pm (consisting of mangoes and papaya slices...told you i was eating healthy)...note that i had my breakfast at 9am. 

After my last meeting for the day (4pm), i immediately reheated my korean beef
 meal. I was able to take a picture before i indulged in yet another healthy feast. The utensils are mine by the way.

Tomorrow, after being so happy with the Sexy 8 Fit meals i had, i ordered a new pair: Chicken Terriyaki and Sauteed beans and Tausi Fish Fillet with KangKong. 

I hope they're both as good as the ones i had today.

I wonder....how much weight will i lose if i do this for a whole week. 

i'd let you know after this experiment of mine.

Right now, i'd rather savor this rather delicious moment with my new found favorite meals. 

My trainer (who is trying to kill me with all the hard heart thumping routines he's giving me nowadays) will be so proud knowing that i actually skipped my favorite sweet desserts in favor of those Fit Meals. 

But then again, perhaps after a week, I will treat myself to yet another Chocolate dipped Strawberry Blizzard. 

A big Perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment